Cheque Bouncing cases

The holder of the cheque can file a complaint under specific Section of Negotiable Instrument Act against the drawer of the cheque and can also file a civil case for recovery.

Firstly the holder of the cheque has to send a demand notice to the drawer of the cheque within 30 days, after receiving such information from bank, asking the drawer to make the payment of the cheque amount within 15 days from the receipt demand notice. If the drawer fails to make the payment within 15 days from the receipt of the notice with respect to dishonor of the cheque, the beneficiary of the cheque can file a complaint before the Learned Magistrate having jurisdiction to entertain such complaint.

Getting a cheque bounced or dishonored is considered as a criminal offence, punishable by fines and/or jail term.

“Banik & Associates” has filed various Cheque Bouncing Cases also obtained Bail under N.I Act for their clients, from various Sub-division/Sessions & High courts like, Alipore Criminal (Police court) & Judges court, Baruipur court, Bankshall court, Sealdah court, High court at Calcutta, Malda court, Barasat court, Patna family & High court and many other courts in India.

We have highly skilled best & experienced Lawyer/Advocate to resolve your problem related to cheque bouncing issues. Wheather you are aggrieved or accused we are ready to serve you.


The rules of the “Bar Council of India” prohibit law firms soliciting work or advertising in any manner. By Clicking “I Agree” the user acknowledges that, the user wishes to gain more information about “BANIK & ASSOCIATES”, its Practice Areas and its Attorneys, for his/her own information and use. The information made available/provided to the user only on his/her specific request.